Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Plus I did way more a few months ago.

Guys, I’m so bad at keeping up with my schedule. Well…I now have gloves and found my workout gear, so hopefully there’ll be no more excuses. Tomorrow is marching 5 miles and a run of 1 mile, but timed, so I’ll be running hard.

Can I just let you know that I McDonald’s has some good frappés? yeah. The caramel one was really good. I had one while I was waiting for my mom’s car to get an oil change. I also spotted some new vehicles that caught my eye, but I have to continue to tell myself that I need to save. I want to be financially independent, so a car is not in the works any time soon…I don’t think anyway. Besides, I have too high of taste in vehicles to afford anything right now. The average sits around 30K for the ones I lust after…Used Tahoes, MB’s, Jags, LR’s…new VW CC, Toyota Prius, Highlander, used Sequoia. Can I also just say one thing?

I think everyone needs to take a chill on Toyota. It has already been roasted so many times. People are just looking for another person to blame when things go wrong. And on top of it, when you are the world’s largest automaker, when there is even just one recall, it’s bound to be massive. At least Toyota had the decency to fix the problem FREE OF COST. Don’t bite the hand that feeds you Toyota family. I happen to like Toyotas and will stick by that brand through thick and thin. Just because you’ve stumbled doesn’t mean you’ve fallen face-first to the pavement and not had the balls to get back up. But that’s just my perspective. I look at it this way: If God [for purposes of analogy ONLY] left people the first time they stumbled, we’d all be going to hell. You’ve been shown mercy; be merciful in return.

In other news…

I went to the recruiting station today…did an IST. 10:20 run, 70 crunches, and 12 pullups. FAIL. My recruiter says good job, I say 70% is a C minus. Plus I did way more [84, 14] a few months ago. He said to rest assured knowing that there will be some recruits that can only do 13:29, 45, and 3 in the events. Why settle for good when you know there’s better? We’ll see what I can do on Thursday night. That’s the pool function night here…hopefully a few days of crunch-mania is all it’ll take to get me back to the 80’s, and hopefully into the 90’s.

My IST goal:

9:00 mile-and-a-half

100 crunches

20 pullups.

Okay, I’m out for tonight.

If excellence was easy, more people would do it.

-Michelle Jensen

Semper Fi.

[Via http://diontheneon.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment