Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The Junk/Art Car Turns Heads

What the heck?!?

Saturday morning I was looking out my front door window, watching the parade of cars go past our cul-de-sac on their way to my neighbor T-bird’s garage sale. Suddenly, the above sight caught my eye.

First I gaped . . . and then I grabbed my Nikon D700 (with the Nikon 35-70mm lens attached) and ran out the door. My first thought: Great blog photos!

Any surprise that the owner wore a tie-dyed outfit?

The car, which had jewels, rocks, toy figures, and more glued to its interior and exterior, stopped at the garage sale, giving me a chance to snap a bunch of photos.

The relatively sedate interior features Mardi Gras beads.

I’m not sure how the car’s owner drives without being thoroughly distracted. The Toyota’s interior didn’t have as much junk glued on it as the exterior, but I did admire its cluster of Mardi Gras beads (which would be popular with our many Louisiana natives).

B.O.B. from "Monsters vs. Aliens" is featured on the dashboard.

Just look at the beautiful rocks glued on the dashboard among the toys (don’t think I’d want to be stuck near the creepy Burger King, though)!

Colorful balls hang from the window frame.

The owner told me that he’s been working on the car’s interior for about a year. Looks like it’s still a work in progress.

The owner seems to be a Willy Wonka fan.

The exterior, which the owner said he’s spent about five months remodeling, features a plethora of signs. Many of them spout the words of wisdom of Willy Wonka.

The back of the car looks jeweled.

I think that sticker that reads “Normal people worry me” explains everything!

Gumby and Pokey are among the toys adorning the roof.

My favorite part of the car is its roof. There’s so much to look at!

The Kung Fu panda joins Snow White and Scooby Doo on the roof.

I like how the toys are intermingled with glass objects, like the dragon fly on the paperweight above. Gives the car’s roof a true eclectic feel.

"Monsters Inc." characters flank more jewels and stones.

So what did the car’s owner walk away with from the garage sale? Just another “Monsters vs. Aliens” character to add to B.O.B. on the dashboard.

The junk car is leaving the ’hood.

So is it a junk car or an art car? Maybe it’s both. One thing’s for sure: The altered Toyota definitely is a head-turner!

No comments:

Post a Comment