Monday, September 14, 2009

What to expect from the new Prius

I expect to save fuel especially:

  • while looking for a parking spot in the road where I live
  • because the ICE will always run at the max efficiency under the control of the computer and due to the lack of a manual gearshift (actually the Prius has no gearshift at all)
  • in case I need to do an unavoidable short trip (3-5 km)
  • when standing in a moving traffic jam/stop’n'go on the highway

I expect to have a:

  • silent ride as the ICE is mostly off or running at low rpms and because of the lack of gearshift
  • stress free ride, especially in town and traffic jams, because I don’t have to shift gears anymore and because the Prius computer will always choose the best combination of ICE and electric engine in relation to the position of the accelerator and speed, to achieve max fuel efficiency – now it’s up to me to choose exactly what to do
  • more secure ride, since with the heads-up display I will hardly need to take my eyes off the road

Other than that, all the changes and improvements one gets in a 7 year younger car, compared to my current Polo, will surely bring a much better ride experience

PS: delivery is expected starting from Wednesday this week…

No comments:

Post a Comment