Sunday, January 31, 2010

Okay, so no daily updates.

Yea, i know. Very disheartening. I just can’t remember to do it every day. Stupid A.D.D.

Anyways, DHID is coming along nicely after a restart. I need to stop with the restart crap, but this one has actually made the story come along faster than what it was. It’s hard to decide how exactly to begin a story with a death without alienating too many readers.

I know, i should write for myself first. But i guess i’m not as hardcore as i use to be. Or maybe i’m just more sympathetic towards this topic because i’ve lost enough people in my life to know death can be a sad thing. I really want to strike a balance between “Danny misses his mom” and “Danny’s a bit of a smart ass”.

There’s a swerve coming in the next book that’ll eliminate Danny’s ability to be a smart ass, so i wanna fully convey it in this book. Why? Cause there’s a bit of me in the Danny Hush character. Just a natural thing, with this story being in first person and all.

POV is another pain in my bum. I switch from first to third and couldn’t seem to get comfortable with either one. I’m really getting into the first person groove with this latest restart, so hopefully it keeps going as quickly as it is. I should have a meaty part of this first draft done in two weeks if i stop effing around.

AKA, updating blogs.

Good day.

J.

[Via http://dannyhushisdead.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment