Sunday, January 17, 2010

LED Light solution for main compartment under center console

Since the main compartment under the central console is completely dark during the night and not even the reading lights can help, and since Toyota has thought that adding 2 LEDs for the footwell illumination was absolutely necessary, while instead digging with your hand in the compartment underneath the console guessing where your stuff is, while driving, is perfectly OK, I took matters in my hands and found a neat lighting solution, see pics for details. What do you think?

You can find more detail about the OSRAM DOT-it LED Light solution I used here.

I used the velcro solution to attach it (included from OSRAM), so that I can also use the light elsewhere in the car if necessary. ;)

Where I put the LED light was the only section of plastic flat enough to keep the light stay put – everywhere else the plastic is too rounded and you do need a flat surface to put the DOT-it.

[Via http://prius3.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment